Table of Contents
If you’re trying to switch up your wardrobe, you’re not alone. Shirts under blazers are a great way to dress up for both formal and casual purposes. Check out now with BestLifeTips to learn how to pair shirts under blazers.
What are blazers?
Blazers are considered as a type of jacket resembling a suit jacket, but their cut is more casual.
Blazers are generally distinguished from sport coats as tailored from solid color fabrics garments and more formal. They can pair with a formal button-down shirt and a dress or with formal pants.
In short, blazer is a jacket that doesn’t form part of a suit but is considered appropriate for formal wear.
So, can we wear shirts under blazers?
How many types of blazers?
There are different types of blazers.
Here are 7 common types of the blazers that can be seen easily on the street:
- Longline blazers (This type of blazer is longer and reaches up to the knee-length)
- Oversized blazers (The oversized blazers are designed according to comfort)
- Tweed blazers (They tend to be on the more formal side and will do a great job of keeping you warm. Tweed blazers are quite similar to those made from wool.)
- One button blazer (They have only one button for closing)
- Two-button blazer (This design of blazer makes it a standalone statement of fashion)
- Boyfriend blazer (This blazer is a bit loose, but the style adds a sophisticated touch)
- Bolero blazers (The bolero blazer is usually shorter than the usual. This type of blazers can amp up the evening appeal by doing the layering right)
Then, can we pair shirts under blazers?
Can I wear shirts under blazers?
The combination of shirt and blazer creates sophistication and comfort.
A shirt is a masculine option under a blazer but can look professional nonetheless and sharp. This style is more towards the casual side and a good way to dress up for weekend dinners, leisure, and hangouts with friends. Then, what shirts under blazers look good?
What shirts look good under blazers?
Besides normal shirts, there are 3 other shirts that are recommended to wear under blazers.
- A polo shirt
A polo shirt is a wardrobe staple for lots of men, which can look nice dressed up under a blazer and tucked in with a belt. Unlike some traditional dress shirts, polo shirts don’t wrinkle as much, which makes a great thing for this combination.
- A T-Shirt
A T-shirt is a smart choice that looks pretty under a blazer unless you are going to an extra-formal business meeting or mass event.
- A flannel shirt
Nowadays, there is a wide range of flannel shirts, from more summer-friendly, thinner ones to warmer styles for wintertime. They also come in solid colors that barely look like they’re flannel. But you’ll still notice the comfort immediately.
Can I wear collared shirts under a blazer?
You totally can wear collared shirts under a blazer to be more fashionable.
The most comfy and unique to wear collared shirts under blazers is to put your favorite long sleeve top or print pullover from above the collared shirt, then cover by a blazer. This outfit is suitable for the casual events or office meetings you planned.
Should shirt collar be in or out of the blazers?
To look both polite and sophisticated, there should be no gap between the shirt collar and the blazers, and the blazers also should be situated halfway up, the shirt collar showing some, but not all, of it. Besides, should shirt collar be in or out of the blazers?
It’s totally up to you. If you want to be more unique and fashionable, a shirt collar in the blazers is the best option for you. On the contrary, to be more polite, shirt collar out of the blazers is not a bad idea.
In a poll by Corporette named “When wearing a collared shirt with a suit, does the shirt’s collar go out or in”, 57% people voted for “In”, 18% voted for “Out”, while 23% voted for “It depends…” in a total of 2495 votes.
Let me know your opinion!
Can my shirt be longer than my blazer?
In general, your shirts should be shorter than your blazers, which comes from a style perspective to create an overall pleasing look.
A blazer longer than your shirt is an example of a put-together look that can be great, either worn for formal or casual. However, it still depends partly on how you mix it. If you are confident about your style, you definitely can try.
How do I style a blazer with a shirt?
To be fashionable, a combination of shirts under blazers, with a skirt, jeans, chinos, or shorts is cool for a stylishly relaxed look.
To be unique, pair polo shirts under blazers with sneakers to make things even sportier.
To be comfortable, pair T-shirts under blazers with shorts to make a playful take on the style and perfect for summer.
When should I wear shirts under blazers?
In special meetings or large events, normal shirts under blazers are suitable.
On the other hand, when it comes to hanging out with friends at a coffee shop or a park, shirts under blazers paired with shorts and sneakers are a perfect choice.
Pros of wearing shirts under blazers
Here are the 5 pros for opinion normal shirts under blazers:
- Shirts under blazers is a classic with a high longevity factor.
- Shirts under blazers convey a sense of professionalism and authority, which makes the wearer feel pulled together and powerful.
- Shirts under blazers add dressiness, structure, sharp integrity, and polish to your look.
- Shirts under blazers is a versatile item that can be paired with several casual bottoms.
- Shirts under blazers provide insulation.
Cons of wearing shirts under blazers
Here are the 5 cons for opinion normal shirts under blazers:
- It’s quite inconvenient when the weather’s hot and you have to take off your blazers, then hold it in your hand.
- In case you have a bad mix, it feels conservative and overly corporate.
- Shirts under blazers are an impractical style that is only worn a few times a year.
- It’s hard to layer under a blazer.
- It’s not as practical and easy as a coat.
What can I wear under blazers?
On the bottom, a combination of shirts under blazers with trousers, shorts, or even a shirt is a great option.
Besides, light-colored trousers or chinos are a little less formal, but still look sharp.
These are all about how to pair shirts under blazers of BestLifeTips. Hopefully, these tips may help your life better. Find more articles in BestLifeTips to brighten your day. Share if you like it.