Table of Contents
Are you looking for ideas for mindfulness tattoo? We here at BestLifeTips give you some recommendations and meaning of mindfulness tattoos for your consideration.
Mindfulness tattoo meaning
There are plenty of mindfulness tattoo ideas to look at. However, each of them has a different spiritual meaning. Getting to know about the meaning of a tattoo before putting on your skin is a necessity.
Buddha mindfulness tattoo
Buddha might be the first idea coming out of our mind in speaking of mindfulness tattoo. People consider the Buddha tattoo as the symbol of the calm and relaxing feeling, meditation, letting go of all the negativity in life, love, compassion and of course spirituality.
Notes: if you choose Buddha for your tattoo, be respectful because this is one of the most widely practiced religion in the world.
Moon mindfulness tattoo
Moon is one of the most mysterious symbols that contains different meanings. In astrology, the Moon stands for the emotions, personal growth and development. Each form of the Moon influence on human mind differently.
- Full Moon: the full Moon is round and complete. Therefore, it represents for the completion, power and personal growth. It’s favourable time to celebrate for your clarification of what you want to do.
- New Moon: It’s the period that the Moon is mostly dark, with no illumination from the Sun. Hence, it’s time to calm and think about the action plan for your next chapter.
- Waxing Moon: the Moon is partly dark and growing, that represent for the progress and the growth of your journey. It’s time to get motivated, take action and stay in commitment with your plan.
- Waning Moon: The Moon is partly dark again but decrease in the size. It’s time to stop for a while for reflection and decluttering.
- Triple Moon: It represents for 3 forms of the Moon: waxing Moon, full Moon and waning Moon or the Maiden, Mother and Crone that are known for femininity, intuition, psychic abilities, creativity and wisdom.
Cross mindfulness tattoo
The cross is also a holy symbol of not only Christian but also many more religions in the world. It stands for the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his love for human being. For those who choose the cross as their tattoos, they want to remind themselves about how much the God loves them and encourage them to love others likewise.
In other cultures, the cross also symbolizes encouragement and dedication. The Egyptian also use the cross as a sign of wisdom and femininity.
Ganesha mindfulness tattoo
Another symbol of mindfulness is Ganesha, the elephant-headed Hindu god of beginnings that is loved by nearly all Hindus. You can find his symbol on external walls of South Indian temple in Kerala, India.
Each part of his body has different meanings that you might be surprised at. For example, his enormous head means that you need to think big, learn more, and use your intellect to your fullest potential. Or he’s got a big belly to digest all good and bad experiences in life and keep all secrets in his stomach.
Lotus mindfulness tattoo
Lotus represents for the ability to overcome the obstacles and bloom in any difficult situations, much like the way the flower grows, rooted from the muddy earth and rise up through the water to the sun. Lotus reminds us to be aware of who we are and be mindful of the circumstances.
Besides of that, Lotus appears in many cultures and religions such as Buddhism, Hinduism, ancient Egyptians. It’s believed that Lotus stands for different meanings between cultures and religions, but in fact, they have many meanings in common.
- Lotus meaning in Buddhism: Our spiritual journeys seem to be the same with Lotus. Starting like a Lotus bud, which is tightly closed and buried deep down in the dark mud, then slowly grow high over water and bloom under the sun. Lotus is also considered as the non attachment symbol. Don’t attach yourself to your living condition or current circumstances.
- Lotus meaning in Hinduism: Hindu gods and goddesses seat, stand or hold Lotus on their hands. Hence, Lotus associated deeply with divinity and purity. Lotus petals symbolize the Chakra system, from the lowest to the highest chakra, the more petals are, the higher chakra in the system be.
- Lotus meaning of Lotus in Yoga and mediation: Lotus pose is one of the fundamental positions in Yoga, in which practitioners breathe deeply, sit in balance with arms rest peacefully on the knees. Accordingly, the practitioners can archive the highest level of concentration for meditation.
Lotus colors say different meaning:
- White Lotus: enlightenment and purity of mind.
- Pink Lotus: perfection and Buddha himself.
- Blue Lotus: spirituality.
- Red Lotus: Avalokiteshvara, the god of compassion.
- Yellow Lotus: the achievement of enlightenment.
Om mindfulness tattoo
Once practice Yoga, most practitioners start their class with Om mantra, which is truly simple sound with complex meaning. It’s considered as the universe’s original sound, representing the union of mind, body and spirit.
Chanting Om sound create the vibration that has a positive effect on the brain, which reduce stress level and treat depression and epilepsy.
Mindfulness tattoo ideas
Besides of mindfulness symbols, short mindfulness quotes could be a suggestion for your mindfulness tattoo. Look at some recommendations below and find yours.
the experience of being here and now.
a symbol of the journey to enlightenment.
Which is better: mindfulness or multitasking? Is it true to choose one over the other?
You may be interested: Which is better: mindfulness or multitasking? Is it true to choose one over the other
Mindfulness tattoo is such a good idea for those fighting with depression, anxiety, loneliness or other mental health issue. This sign might be a kind reminder to bring them back to the present moment and strengthen their steps on the spiritual journey. BestLifeTips hope this post helps you to understand more about mindfulness symbol and give you more inspiration for your mindfulness tattoo.