Table of Contents
If you’re looking for a quick dinner solution, you’d be surprised what you can whip up with some leftover beef stew and whatever you have lying around the kitchen. BestLifeTips will give you some awesome ways to make a hearty dish with leftover beef stew.
How to make leftover beef stew curry?
If you’re a fan of curry, this one is what you can’t miss.
- Leftover beef stew
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 inch root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- Good pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 500 ml beef stock
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Step 1: Reheat the leftover beef stew in a saucepan.
Step 2: Add the onions, ginger, garlic, cardamom seeds and chilli and stir well. Leave to cook for 5 minutes until the onions are softening.
Step 3: Add the coriander, cumin, turmeric, garam masala and pepper and stir thoroughly. Cook for a further 5 minutes, while preheating the oven.
Step 4: Add the tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, stock and lemon juice, stir and bring to the boil slowly.
Step 5: Place the lid on the dish and put in the oven. Leave to cook for about 1 hours.
How to make leftover beef stew soup?
- 2 medium yellow onions, cut into small wedges
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter or 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs leftover beef stew
- 64 ounces beef stock or 64 ounces beef broth
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces uncooked egg noodles
Step 1: In a large pot, cook onions, celery, mushrooms and garlic in butter or oil until onions are golden.
Step 2: Stir in the leftover beef stew.
Step 3: Add the beef broth, the Worcestershire, stirring to mix, and seasoning to taste with salt and pepper (how much you add will depend on how seasoned the beef and broth already are).
Step 4: Bring mixture to a boil and stir in uncooked egg noodles.
Step 5: Reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-12 minutes or until noodles are tender.
How to make leftover beef stew shepherd’s pie?
- 1 lb of leftover stew beef, in chunks
- 15 large raw baby carrots, cut in half
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 packet of onion soup mix
- 1 can of diced tomatoes in juice
- Water to cover the mixture
To turn it into the shepherd’s pie, add:
- 1 can of peas and carrots, drained
- 1 can of cut green beans, drained
- 1 package of instant mashed potatoes (any flavor), prepared
Step 1: Heat a medium skillet to medium high heat and sear the leftover stew beef until just browned on all sides.
Step 2: Pour the can of tomatoes with juice into the hot pan and remove from heat. Stir in the onion soup mix.
Step 3: Place the veggies in the bottom of a crock pot and top with the meat mixture.
Step 4: Add water to cover the top of the meat and veggies, about 1 cup.
Step 5: Cover and simmer until done, without removing the lid. High heat: 5-6 hours, Low heat: 7-8 hours.
Step 6: Store the remaining beef stew in a large bowl in the refrigerator.
Step 7: Add a can (each) of drained peas and carrots and drained, cut green beans.
Step 8: Pour mixture into a greased (non-stick spray) large cooking dish.
Step 9: Prepare the instant mashed potatoes according to the package directions.
Step 10: Spread the mashed potatoes over the beef stew mixture.
Step 11: Bake at 350ºF until the beef stew is warm and bubbly and the mashed potato crust is browning, about 20-25 minutes.
Step 12: Serve warm.
How to make leftover beef stew into pie?
- 6 tbsp all-purpose flour, divided
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 pound leftover beef stew, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups sliced cooked carrots
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
Step 1: In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 3 tbsp flour, salt and pepper. Add beef in batches, shake to coat. In a large skillet, saute beef in oil until browned. Add onion and garlic, cook and stir until onion is tender. Add 1/4 cup water, stirring to scrape browned bits.
Step 2: Combine 1-1/2 cups water, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and basil; stir into skillet. Add bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
Step 3: Combine the remaining flour and water until smooth, gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Discard bay leaf. Stir in potatoes, carrots and parsley. Transfer to a greased 2-qt baking dish.
Step 4: On a floured surface, roll out pastry to fit dish. Place over filling, flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 425ºF for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes.
How to make leftover beef stew ragu?
- 2-3 cups leftover beef stew or pot roast
- 1/2 cup leftover red wine
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound macaroni or orecchiette pasta
- 1 cup brined dark olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
Step 1: Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Step 2: Add the beef stew to a large saucepan and heat over medium heat until warm. Shred the meat using two forks. Add the wine to the stew and bring to a simmer, then simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Step 3: Salt the boiling water. Add the pasta and cook to al dente, about 2 minutes less than the package instructions. Drain, reserving about 1 cup pasta water. Place the pasta pack in the pot.
Step 4: Add the ragu to the cooked pasta and stir to combine. If the sauce is too thick, add some pasta water to thin it out. Finish with the olives, fresh tomatoes, Parmesan and extra-virgin olive oil.
Step 5: Top with the whole basil leaves. Serve immediately.
Here are some cooking methods for you to make a savory dishes by using up leftover beef stew. Please come back to BestLifeTips for more cooking recipes.