Table of Contents
A lot of couples are scared of long-distance relationships since they believe that it is hard and inevitable to be suffering. But is it true? Read this post of BestLifeTips to find out how to keep happy in a long distance relationship.
Do long distance relationships really last?
To tell the truth, long distance relationships are tough. However, it does not mean long distance relationships are necessarily doomed to fail.
According to Dr. Joshua Klapow, a clinical psychologist, long distance relationships might be tough, but they’re totally doable. That relationships are realistic if there’s strong trust, effort, dedication, and emotional bond to help each feel loved, connected, and safe.
Besides, even though long distance relationships may be a challenge in the past, modern technology will be a means to make long distance love no longer so difficult.
Therefore, if you two really love willing to trust each other unconditionally, long distance relationships can last for a long.
So, why are long-distance relationships hard? How to keep happy in a long distance relationship?
Why are long distance relationships hard?
There are four common reasons that make long distance relationships hard.
The first hard thing that couples face in a long distance relationship is the lack of physical intimacy. Honestly, the basic need of couples when in love is giving and receiving intimate contact to each other to show their affection, like hugs and kisses. And this is absolutely impossible in a long distance relationship. So, lack of physical intimacy may lead to cheating.
The second tough thing that a long distance relationship has to face is distrust. The lack of trust happens all the time in a long distance relationship and is the most common reason for breakups. You two might be a little jealous of your partner and their potential relationships, which is considered the biggest threat to your relationship.
The third hard thing that couples face in a long distance relationship is the lack of understanding since even the best communicators can find it difficult to accurately and adequately explain all the exciting things about their life.
Last but not least, a long distance relationship means you have to deal with loneliness during holidays and special events. Honestly, being alone when you want to share your special moments with your partner can turn even the best of moments into bittersweet.
So, how to keep happy in a long distance relationship? Is there any rule in a long distance relationship?
What are the rules of a long distance relationship to keep happy?
The first thing for a long distance relationship to last is that both of you must have a common commitment, a clear future planned, and a confirmation that your long distance relationship is only temporary.
A long distance relationship gets hard when they last too long or when there’s a communication breakdown. Therefore, here are seven golden rules to keep happy in a long distance relationship:
- Communication is key, so, maintain constant communication should be your number one priority. The best frequency is to call twice a day, every morning and evening.
- Let’s make video calls and do some things together. For example, cooking, enjoying, and watching movies together. It is important to be creative, so put your thinking caps on!
- Don’t hold back your feelings. Always let your partner know when you are thinking about them.
- Try to avoid false accusations and jealousy.
- Try to avoid getting angry for no reason.
- Sending gifts, flowers, cards, and so on for no reason at all.
- Sending each other “flirty” little text messages once a day. The suitable time is in the evening.
- Make sure every occasion you and your partner spend together is special.
So, are there any tips for how to keep happy in a long distance relationship?
20 tips to keep happy in a long distance relationship
A long distance relationship can be tough if you don’t know how to handle it.
Here are 20 necessary tips for those who want to keep happy in a long distance relationship:
- Avoid excessive communication all day.
- Play online games together.
- Try to do similar things.
- Know clearly each other’s schedules.
- Try to make a video call whenever possible.
- Set some basic rules to manage your expectations.
- Try to communicate creatively and honestly.
- Talk dirty with each other (suitable at night).
- Stay positive mind.
- Try to do things together.
- Enjoy your time with your friends and family.
- Give each other pet names.
- Make visits to each other every time there is a chance.
- Enjoy the time you are alone
- Stay honest with each other.
- Avoid “dangerous” situations with other friends of the opposite sex.
- Follow each other’s social media activities.
- Have a goal in mind for your future.
- Keep each other updated on his or her friends and family.
- Always ask about each other’s feelings every day.
A long distance relationship is inherently difficult for both of you. So, if you really appreciate the other person. Try your best to keep your relationship going well.
Which tip would you choose from above? Do you know any other ways to keep happy in a long distance relationship? Feel free to leave a comment below!
How do you show your long distance girlfriend you love her?
To be honest, a long distance relationship isn’t innately hard or scary if you know how to handle it.
The way you show your long distance girlfriend you love her is also essential to keep happy in a long distance relationship.
Follow the following tips to know how to show your long distance girlfriend you love her:
- Sending good morning text messages. Should not miss any day.
- Planning date calls.
- Totally pay attention to your phone calls.
- Surprise your long distance girlfriend with a visit.
- Always have the next visit planned.
- Try to send love texts once a day.
- Talk romantically at the end of the day. Preferably before sleeping.
20 questions for long distance couples to maintain the conversation
It is indispensable for both of you to enjoy your conversation with couple questions.
Below are 20 questions for long distance couples to maintain the conversation. Try it out for your today’s talk.
- When did you first know you wanted to be in a relationship with me?
- What is the greatest strength of our relationship?
- What are the things you value most from the beginning of our relationship?
- Are you happy with our current level of emotional intimacy?
- Is there anything about me that you don’t currently know but want to?
- What is something you want to do together that we haven’t?
- What is your favorite family tradition?
- What are some of the highest-valued things on your bucket list?
- Do you want kids? If so, what are some of the values you want to instill in them?
- Where is a place you’ve always wanted to travel to?
- What is your favorite film?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- When was the first time you fell in love?
- What experiences and situations, whether yours or someone else’s, inspired your philosophy of love?
- What was your first sexual experience?
- Is there anything you would change about yourself?
- What helped shape your current political stance and principles?
- Are there any conflicts that we’ve had in the past that you don’t feel are wholly resolved yet?
- When was the last time you cried?
- How to get over someone who doesn’t like you
- Why does nobody like me
- How to tell if a guy likes kissing you
This is all about how to keep happy in a long distance relationship of BestLifeTips. Don’t hesitate to leave a comment below if you have other interesting ways to keep happy in a long distance relationship. Find more articles in BestLifeTips to brighten your day. Sharing if you found this article interesting!