Table of Contents
In this article, BestLifeTips shows you how to send a voicemail in different devices and social media. You can send voicemail by calling a person and leave a message or sending a voicemail without calling with apps.
How to send a voicemail on iPhone
To send a voicemail on iPhone, we can use any of the two methods below.
How to send a voicemail on iPhone through messaging
- Tap the Messages icon to open it.
- Start a new iMessage conversation by tapping the pen and paper icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- From the right of the iMessage text box, press and hold the microphone icon and begin recording your voice message.
- Once finished, release the recording button. You will then see 2 icons next to the message, which are a play button shaped like a right-facing triangle, while the other is an upward arrow.
- Tap the play button to hear what you’ve recorded or the upward arrow to send your voice message.
You’d better know that voice message will be deleted in 2 minutes after the recipients listen to them. In case you would like to keep the message, tap the Keep option beneath the media file.
How to send a voicemail on Android
To send a voicemail on Android device, follow the instruction below.
- Tap the phone icon to open Phone app.
- Tap the dial pad button which is the green button with 10 dots on it. Or you can open the Contacts tab and tab a contact from it.
- Use the number pad to dial a phone number of the person you want to send the voicemail.
- Tap to Call button. Their phone will ring before going to voicemail.
- Press and hold the number 1 to go directly to the voicemail while the call is ringing. If prompted, enter your voicemail password.
- If the contact doesn’t answer their phone, you will be asked to leave a message after a beep. Once hear the sound, you can record your voice message. Hang up once you finish your record.
How to send a voicemail on social media
It becomes more popular to communicate via social media, most of which is available for voice message. Let’s find out how you can send a voicemail on social media right below.
How to send a voicemail on Instagram
You can easily send voice message using Instagram Direct. To open a conversation, tap the arrow in the top right of feed. From there, tap on the person you would like to send a voice message.
- Open a conversation.
- Tap and hold on mic icon and recording your message.
- Release your hold when you’re done with recording. This will send your recording.
- In case you don’t want to send it, keep holding on the mic icon and move your finger to the trash.
How to send a voicemail on Snapchat
Snapchat is a social camera app with funny and creative features. This app goes viral by its photo and video capabilities as well as live video chatting. Besides of that, users also use its messaging feature for texting. We can also send voice message to our friends through snapchat easily.
- Open your Snapchat app and swipe from the left to the right side of screen.
- Choose the friend you want to send your voice message to.
- Tap and hold the microphone icon in the Send a Chat bar.
- Begin recording your message. Yellow lines will appear on your screen as you speak.
- Release your finger once you finished. The message will send automatically. The Yellow lines will change the color.
- In case you want to stop sending the message, swipe your finger left to cancel it.
How to send a voicemail on Messenger
Facebook Messenger isn’t just for texting and video, you can also send a voice message through it. Sometimes texting might make people confused and misinterpreted it, to make sure they get it clearly, try sending voice message in a few quick taps.
- Open the Facebook Messenger conversation that you want to send voice message to.
- From the left of the text entry box, tap and hold the microphone icon. If you don’t see it, tap the bracket to the left of the text box to open the menu that has the icon.
- Hold you finger on the icon and record your message.
- Release your finger once you finish recorded. The message will send automatically to the receiver.
- In case you don’t want to send the message you’ve recorded, simply swipe it to the X sign on the screen until it turns red.
- With These Steps, Recording Your Own Ringtone On Your Phone Is Just Like A Piece Of Cake
- Don’t Waste Time! Apply These 6 Methods To Fix A Squeaky Belt
Over all, sending voice message is quite easy and similar on social media. If this article helps you know how to send a voicemail, give us a thumb up. Return BestLifeTips often for more tips to ease your life.