Table of Contents
You have finished the meal and are about to clean up, yet the dishwasher doesn’t work? Even though it’s properly plugged in and filled with liquid soap, nothing has changed. The dishwasher stays immobile. Instead of panicking, let’s check out BestLifeTips‘ guidance on how to fix a dishwasher that won’t start. Here, we will solve the problem of most common dishwasher brands in the market.
GE dishwasher won’t start but has power
Your GE dishwasher doesn’t start even though it has power?
- Lack of water might be the problem. Check to see whether it is connected to the water supply. Or maybe the hose and valve are leaked or cracked.
- The GE dishwasher door latch is not shut. This can also be what causes the problem.
If you have confirmed all the above things, the last guide on how to fix a dishwasher that won’t start is reaching out to a professional service for help. You can contact a trustworthy service in your locality or the store where you bought this GE dishwasher.
Bosch dishwasher won’t start but has power
It would be a nightmare if you entirely depend on a dishwasher to clean up dishes and kitchen tools. So, let’s learn some little tips on how to fix a dishwasher that won’t start with us.
- Supposing that your Bosch dishwasher is fully plugged on, the next step you need to take is checking the door latch. Make sure it is shut properly.
- Timer is also an important part to notice. The timer is held responsible for controlling energy and power in different compartments. Therefore, if the timer is faulty, Bosch dishwasher might not work.
- Check the cycle selector to see if the control panel is stuck.
- Check all the hoses and motors and get rid of clogged objects, if any.
If nothing above works, it’s time to call a Bosch dishwasher technician from a trustworthy service.
Frigidaire dishwasher won’t start but has power
If you have your Frigidaire dishwasher plugged, then why it’s not working? How to fix a dishwasher that won’t start? Here come the answers.
- Water supply shortage: check all the valves, hoses and pipes in your house. Maybe they are clogged, maybe they’re leaking. You’ll find the answer.
- Wrong dishwasher settings: make sure the control panel is not stuck or wet. Then start the Frigidaire dishwasher again.
- The door is not latched: this is a very common mistake. Be sure that you close the door properly.
- Call an expert: find a reliable Frigidaire dishwasher service in case you can’t figure out the cause of the problem.
Hotpoint dishwasher won’t start but has power
The Hotpoint dishwasher you’re using won’t start even though it has power? You wonder how to fix a dishwasher that won’t start? Check out our guide below.
- Check to see if the door is latched. Many people frequently forget this. They only shut the door without latching it, preventing the Hotpoint dishwasher from starting. Also, once it’s latched, make sure it’s latched properly.
- Manual reset: Maybe the previous washing cycle was not finished. Therefore, you need to reset the Hotpoint dishwasher to start it again.
- Water shortage: check again if there’s any leakage or cracks on the pipes and hoses.
- Consider looking for a technician for help.
LG dishwasher won’t start but has power
Many people sometimes encounter this situation: the power is on but their LG dishwasher doesn’t work. So what can we do to fix a dishwasher that won’t start?
- Check to see if the LG dishwasher is supplied with water or not. There might be cracks or leaks somewhere on the hose and pipe.
- Reset the machine by unplugging and re-plugging it. Press ‘start’ to see if it works.
- If the door is not latched, 100% your LG dishwasher will never start
- One common thing many people forget is that LG dishwasher has a child lock. Press and hold the child lock button for a few seconds to unlock it.
- Incorrect cycle settings can also stop the machine from the beginning.
If none of the above works for you, consider reaching out to a professional service for help.
Samsung dishwasher won’t start but has power
Your Samsung dishwasher can’t be turned on, although it has power? Before contacting a technician for support, check out our guidance on how to fix a dishwasher that won’t start.
- The Samsung dishwasher will not start its wash cycle until the door is thoroughly latched. So be careful with that.
- Read the dishwasher’s instruction carefully to see if the cycle settings is defective
- The start button might be stuck
- Faulty Samsung dishwasher inner parts can also hinder the start of the machine. Check the inside to see if there’s anything damaged or broken. Contact a technician if there is.
Go for more details on video Dishwasher Won’t Start — Dishwasher Troubleshooting from YouTube channel RepairClinic.
With all the tips above, BestLifeTips hopes you now know how to fix a dishwasher that won’t start, regardless of what brand that dishwasher belongs to. Don’t forget to hit ‘Like’, ‘Share’ button and comment down below if you find this guidance helpful.