Table of Contents
Bacon is the best reason to wake up in the morning, isn’t it? Why not add more sizzling, smoky flavors to it? BestLifeTips is about to show you how to cook bacon on grill for a powerful breakfast.
Bacon nutrition facts
Tasty, salty, crunchy bacon is universally loved. It even elevates burgers, sandwiches, salads to the next level. But nutritionally, it’s not the healthiest pick for meat. Unsurprisingly, bacon contains some of the unhealthy ingredients such as nitrates, saturated fat, sodium, cholesterol and so on. Eating bacon too often is definitely not recommended for your diet.
However, we can’t deny the nutritional ingredient in meat, bacon is not an exception. According to nutritiondata.self.com, every 100 gram portion of cooked bacon contains:
- 37 grams of high-quality animal protein.
- Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and B12.
- 89% of the RDA for selenium.
- 53% of the RDA for phosphorus.
- Decent amounts of the minerals iron, magnesium, zinc, and potassium.
Read more about bacon nutrition:
We have to admit that bacon is incredible. Everyone loves it and can’t get enough of it. But in the consideration of nutrition, all we need to do is follow one simple rule for fast food products: moderation.
How to cook bacon on grill
If you are already an expert on how to cook bacon on a griddle, it’s time to try a new way.
Before you cook
Be well-prepared in everything you do, cooking is not an exception. Cooking bacon on grill sounds simple, but you can make this a better cooking experience by a thoughtful preparation.
- Cooking supplements:
- Aluminum foil or a cast-iron skillet.
- A grill.
- An average pair of tongs. In case you are unavailable for tongs, use chopsticks or larger fork instead.
- A dish for raw bacon and another one for grilled bacon.
- Paper towel.
- A spatula
- Bacon strips.
- Some simple spices to season your bacon, such as salt, pepper, or paprika.
How to cook bacon on grill
Once everything is ready, it’s time to cook. Bacon tastes better when cooked on grill, which adds more depth to the smokey flavor of the bacon. Just a reminder that it cooks more quickly and evenly on a grill, don’t get neglected by other tasks while cooking and set up everything nearby. Besides, we can’t let thin strips come in contact with the fire as they will just burn.
- Step 1: Preheat your grill up for medium-low heat. Also place your cast-iron skillet on the grates to heat up for the best result. In case you have no skillet, lay out a double sheet of foil in a suitable size with the amount of bacon you want to cook. Turn up the foil plate to catch the bacon grease.
- Step 2: Lay bacon strips on foil’s surface/skillet. Flip them over and when they are cooked, take them out to the dish covered with a paper towel.
Another approach is to use indirect heat. This means to place bacon directly on the grill but around the grate’s bars. Grates should be oiled like any other meat. Place the bacon close enough to the fire to cook, but not directly over it. Be sure to scrub the grill well after it cools, since there will be bacon fat accumulating.
How long to grill bacon
The answer depends much on how you want the outcome to be-chewy and soft or crispy and golden. Therefore, the perfect cooking time is often up to the eaters and the heat of your grill.
If you want your bacon dish to be chewy end, shorten cooking time. Spend 7 minutes for the first side and 3 more minutes on the other side. On the other hand, longer cooking time makes it grips and golden-brown end. Cook the first side for 10 minutes and the other one 5 minutes.
But take it easy, trust your gut and keep watching over the white line of fat and the edge of bacon strip and decide when to take them out.
How to cook bacon on grill until crisp?
It seems higher heat will make it crispier, but the difference between crisp and overcooked is just faint. Make sure the result you want to be to avoid ending up with burning.
When cooking bacon on the grill, use tongs to flip the strips over more frequently, so they will be cooked evenly on both sides. Give it more time on cooking for crispier bacon, keep your eyes on them and remember to scrape the grease away at least half of the fat, leave just a little for cooking.
Get your plate ready with a couple of paper towels on top to absorb the fat. Use tongs to take them out and enjoy your yummy bacon!
Renew your bacon by learning how to cook bacon on grill and draw everyone to your table. Give us a thumb up if you nailed it and come back BestLifeTips for more.