Table of Contents
Do you ever wonder how the women you admire got to where they are today? Every young woman wants to be a success in her personal and professional lives. Everyone’s path is distinct, but there is plenty of inspiration to take from the female leaders who have navigated career ups and downs, and emerged stronger and more fulfilled women.
If you don’t know how to be a successful career woman, look at the following key tips that BestLifeTips shares with you in this article.
Being a career woman
People normally describe a career woman as a woman whose primary goal in life is to create her own career, and she is more interested in her career. It’s kind of negative to define like that. Obviously we cannot do multitasking well at the same time. But there are many career women struggling and trying their best to balance between their job and their personal lives. And that’s a really hard thing to do. It’s much easier for those who are still single.
As women, the old model implies we face a dilemma of sorts: a choice between being a career woman or a career mom. But most times, it doesn’t have to be just one or the other. In fact, you can be both. Being both a career woman and a career mom is attainable.
Signs of a career woman
When you think of a career woman, do you picture a workaholic or something like that? Here are signs of a career woman.
- Completely control her finance
Finances are one of the biggest aspects of life that women feel the least control over. But its modern times and women are smashing glass ceilings and creating careers for themselves that they love. They are taking control of their lives and their money.
- She knows what makes her happy
Knowing what makes us happy is very important. We can define our path thanks to that. Then we just set goals and go for it.
- Having goals and plans to achieve them
They always have plans to achieve their goals. They work following their timetable.
- She doesn’t watch the clock
When a career woman is in her working zone is getting things done, the time goes by very fast. She rarely counting the minutes and praying for break time or time off work.
- Hopes to do new thing
A career woman is ambitious and wants to get the most out of her job. She hopes to gets selected to do new tasks.
- Always have thing to do
She never struggles to find the motivation to do her work. She’s always getting things done and trying to prioritise.
You may have lots of skill and experience, but without passion for what you’re doing, you’re likely not to elevate your work to the next stage. Loving what you do means innovating, striving, challenging yourself. Passion also brings energy, which you’ll need to persevere.
If stress bothers you, then you might have a hard time in your rise to success. The more you build up your tolerance, the better you can work. Try to adapt to your workflow and working environment.
How to be a successful career woman?
If you are an aspiring career woman, here are certain traits you should possess and nurture:
- Be passionate about what you do
If you’re not passion about what you’re doing, it won’t make you hugely successful. If you do not love what you do, you won’t have the motivation to put in the extra work that is needed. People who love their careers go to work with a smile and that is the foundation for success.
- Have confidence and believe in yourself
Two characteristics of a successful person are that they not only have confidence in themselves but also that they believe in their ability to succeed. By cultivating and projecting confidence in yourself and to others, you set yourself on the path for success.
- Don’t be afraid to take risks
As a woman who wants to go far in life, ask yourself how far you would go if you were not afraid of anything. Successful women do not make careless decisions, they take calculated risks after careful planning and research.
- Take care of yourself physically and mentally
You can’t be successful if you don’t take care of your physical and mental health. Exercise is an excellent way to relieve stress, and increase endorphins and energy. Instead of taking out your stress on everyone at work, work it out of your system through exercise. By getting rid of all the negative energy will provide room for fresh energy that you can harness and transfer into your work.
- Make a plan and set goals
Before you can set yourself on the path of being successful in your personal life, it’s a good idea to set goals for yourself. By tangibly establishing what your aims are in the short, mid, and long terms, you can remind yourself of what you’re working towards.
- Don’t expect perfection from yourself or anyone else
As you strive to meet your goals, be confident and believe in your success, it’s important to not expect perfection from yourself or those around you. In fact, trying to be perfect will hamper your ability to perform well and can alienate those around you.
- Watch your finances
It is difficult to have personal success if your finances are not in order. By controlling your financial profile, you can not only boost your confidence but also afford yourself opportunities that may come up, such as education.
- Be positive
Being positive and ambitious broadens the opportunities available to you. If you will try, and don’t fear failure, the only way you can move is forward. If you have a vision of what you want to achieve and make positive plans and strategies for getting there, you are much more likely to reach your goals. Don’t let failure and fear hold you back.
- Foster good working relationships
Without having positive working relationships with colleagues at all of your jobs, you cannot be successful. It’s thus important to maintain and expand your professional support system.
- Take breaks, spend time for yourself
Having time away from your job for everything from ten minutes a day to a full vacation is important to your success as well. Time away refreshes you, helps you avoid burnout, and can reset you on your path to success.
- Constantly educating and seek for knowledge
Be always on the hunt for information. Arming yourself with knowledge will not only make you powerful and confident but also help you expand your horizons, be more open-minded towards other perspectives, and more welcoming of unconventional ideas.
Habits of a successful career woman
- Set goals and methods for keeping track of them
A successful career woman knows where she wants to be and has a plan on how to get there. She sets goals for herself and puts into place an action plan to achieve those goals. She measures her success, re-evaluates and sets more goals.
- Constantly learning and relearning
Women who succeed in life habitually educate themselves to progress forward. No matter what industry you choose, change is inevitable. Successful women recognize the need to stay educated and grow as they progress forward in their field. Knowing many things and skills can help you a lot in your work.
- Challenge herself
This can be done in so many ways. She can challenge herself intellectually, physically, mentally, ect. She is always challenging herself to achieve more.
- Make time for herself
A successful career woman knows her own value and knows that she needs time out to rejuvenate and just focus on herself.
- Help others
A successful career woman knows the power of kindness and uses it. They are generous, helpful and giving while expecting nothing in return.
- Handle stress
With success comes an increased amount of stress and responsibility. She has developed some effective ways of coping with stress and remaining in control of her life.
- Having balance
A successful career woman enjoys putting her time and effort into her career or business, but she also knows that her social life and family are important too. She’s able to switch off from the demands of her work and enjoy spending time with her family and friends.
- Take care of her health
A successful career woman prioritizes her health by nourishing it with healthy foods, exercise and regular self-care. This keeps her mind clear, focused and productive throughout the day.
- Wake up early
A habit that all successful people share is waking up early. This makes you much more productive throughout the day. Your morning sets the tone for the rest of your day.
- Love what she’s doing
A successful career woman has passion for her work. She loves what she’s doing. That creates the motivation for her to finish her tasks well and brings her success.
Successful career woman quotes
To motivate you to chase your dreams, no matter how scary they might be, we’ve collected some quotes from famous successful women who have failed, succeeded, and gone on to lead inspiring lives and careers.
- “You can have unbelievable intelligence, you can have connections, you can have opportunities fall out of the sky. But in the end, hard work is the true, enduring characteristic of successful people.” – Marsha Evans
- “One of the most courageous things you can do is identify yourself, know who you are, what you believe in and where you want to go.” – Sheila Murray Bethel
- “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” – Mary Kay Ash
- “Whenever I feel bad, I use that feeling to motivate me to work harder. I only allow myself one day to feel sorry for myself. When I’m not feeling my best, I ask myself, What are you going to do about it? I use the negativity to fuel the transformation into a better me.” – Beyoncé
- “Dreams are lovely, but they are just dreams. Fleeting, ephemeral, pretty. But dreams do not come true just because you dream them. It’s hard work that makes things happen. It’s hard work that creates change.” – Shonda Rhimes
- “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” – Michelle Obama
- “Life is very interesting. In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.” – Drew Barrymore
- “Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” – Coco Chanel
- “It’s not as if I sit back and watch things fly onto my plate. I went for a lot of the things. Success doesn’t happen by waiting for things to happen because there are other people who are hungry. The early bird catches the worm.” – Heidi Klum
- “I don’t want other people to decide who I am. I want to decide that for myself.” – Emma Watson
Hope that after reading this article of BestLifeTips, you know how to be a successful career woman and let the above quotes lift you up and inspire you to find your own path.