Table of Contents
The boredom is performing every day in some way. How to deal if your relationship starts having no spark or how not to be boring in a relationship always needs the proper answers. Keep reading with BestLifeTips to find out.
Boredom in relationship
When it comes to methods for how not to be boring in a relationship, you have to acknowledge boredom in a relationship or a dull relationship.
Dull relationship or a relationship containing boredom is a certain status of a relationship when it becomes unhappy, you know, especially if both partners have put less effort into trying to enjoy each other or joint activities anymore.
There are many reasons behind your boredom, and it is important to identify the root cause for finding how not to be boring in a relationship.
Is It Normal to be Bored in A Relationship?
In general, it is much easier to feel bored all the time and relationships are no exception. So, it’s normal and common to be bored in your relationship. It can happen to every couple.
Source: Medical News Today
A national report, “The Happiness Index: Love and Relationships in America,” commissioned by eHarmony and conducted by Harris Interactive, showed that at least 19% of people are unhappy in their relationships to some degree.
Also, their previous research reports that marital happiness is also on a downward trend.
It is true that the boredom in a relationship is more complex compared to normal ones. Sometimes, you should do anything to find out how not to be boring in a relationship or alleviate negative effects of this situation.
Indeed, boredom in a relationship can be a sign of a more serious underlying problem if left unresolved. That is why it’s important to understand why a relationship becomes boring and consider implementing methods on how not to be boring in a relationship in a healthy way.
Signs of Boredom in Relationship
Watch out! Here are 10 clearly signs she or he is bored with you:
- They spend more time on their phone
- They don’t compliment you like before
- They ignore you a lot lately
- They’d rather be with their friends instead of dating with you
- They glare at dating sites
- They make excuses too busy
- They don’t start a conversation with you unless asked
- They create drama to force a breakup
- They don’t respond to texts many times
- They flirt with other people and rationalize it as harmless
- They don’t want to share with you her emotions
- They always talk about what life would be like single
- They distract herself with dangerous habits
- They just focus on what you do wrong
Why Does A Relationship Become Boring?
There are multiple reasons relationships do become boring. Below are some of the most prominent causes leading to a period of boredom in relationship:
Source: Elite Daily
- Take each other for granted
When your relationship goes to a period that you always know that your partner is there and is not leaving you. This inadvertently became your pleasure by his presence for granted. It seems like he does same.
However, this risk has led to a lack of initiative to infuse new ideas to add some spices to your love.
- Overly comfortable
By the time you become overly comfortable in a relationship. It’s OK initial but it can start posing problems if it leads to long periods of boredom with mutual appearance or actions.
Every time you hang out together, you don’t care how neat the dressing up, makeup or just looks, he won’t feel as attracted to him as he did when he first fell in love.
- Never have arguments
It seems weird but true. If you constantly have arguments with your partner, it can be extremely detrimental to a relationship, but so can complacency and constant compromise. Anyway, having arguments or sharing your own opinions allows both yourself and your partner to know each other more about something new.
It seems quite difficult to find how not to be boring in a relationship in this case.
- Not enough physical intimacy
In some cases, it’s easy for sexual encounters to become a means to an orgasmic end in relationships. This can lead to a dissatisfying sexual life and create more feeling of boredom.
- Not enough emotional intimacy
Emotional intimacy is just as important as physical intimacy, you know, and boredom in relationship can often be because a partner doesn’t share their emotions, making another feel down in the dumps too.
How Not to Be Boring in A Relationship?
How to Not Bore Your Girlfriend?
There are plenty of ways to combat the day in, day out lull of boredom in relationships. If you’re feeling a bit stultified, make the decision to do something about it.
In fact, if this relationship is worth your efforts to save. Keep on! Here are some tips not only for how not to be boring in a relationship but also for keeping in your mind if you’re quite satisfied with your relationship.
It’s definitely a way of having fun again.
- Don’t Shit Talk And Don’t Fix Her Problems
Don’t show off everything with her. Don’t put her or other people down and criticize others. It is not only makes you boring but also kills your love.
The important thing is not to try to be a fixer unless she directly asks you to. Let’s listen to your woman and empathize with her. Also, it’s really important to never argue with a woman. If she gets argumentative or feisty, simply respond with humor and playfulness.
- Be Curious And Ask Your Partner Questions
Although it may seem like you know everything about each other, there’s always more to learn about a partner, even in a long-term relationship.
And according to Melissa Wesner, LCPC, a licensed clinical professional counselor, it’s only when you stop being curious that boredom sets in.
“They have open-ended questions for couples to take turns asking one another,” she suggests. “This is a great tool to use while on a long car ride, while waiting for your food at a restaurant, or while hanging out at home.”
Also, being curious doesn’t mean you’re always around them. Letting her have private space is a good way of handling how not to be boring in a relationship. This may cause you to be clingy.
- Communicate With Your Partner About Your Feelings
Your partner may be unaware that you’re feeling to be boring. Be open and honest about your feelings without using defensive or accusatory language.
Just use some healthy communication skills to let your partner know you’re feeling bored, but would like to work on your relationship.
- Find A Goal To Look Forward Together
Don’t forget to plan something fun for the future, such as a vacation or a project you can work on together.
Choose a goal, and chat about the steps you’ll take to get there. “Planning dates, an event, or a project together ignites companionship and appreciation,” says Kali Rogers, a relationship expert and life coach.
Even if it’s just a quick weekend trip or a simple dinner party at home, if you have something to be excited about on the horizon, it’ll make your relationship that much more interesting.
It’s always an outstanding method on how not to be boring in a relationship for a long term.
- Recreate Your First Date Experience
Let’s use positive nostalgia to bring back those butterflies you felt at the beginning. If it is quite challenging to access, consider how you can recapture what you felt before.
Source: Love Happens Magazine
Inviting them to eat at the same restaurants as the first date, taking part in the same activities or visiting the same parks, streets, or places together will bring back fond memories of your love story.
How to Spice up A Boring Relationship?
Question to Ask Your Girlfriend When Bored?
Besides wondering how not to be boring in a relationship, focusing more on something can spice up your relationship, for example cute questions. It works for the case you want to talk with your girlfriend longer when bored.
As per the Paired Life, here are some funny question that you can ask your partner for how not to be boring in a relationship:
- How many times did you want to kiss me before our actual first kiss?
- Would you rather hug for 5 seconds or kiss for 1 second?
- What’s the craziest thing you’d do for me?
- What nickname would you lovingly call me by?
- What do I do that makes you blush?
- If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
- Which fictional character do you want to live as?
- What is a funny moment from your school days?
- Are you afraid of ghosts?
- What are some clever insults you’ve heard?
- Can you tell me something you haven’t shared with anyone else?
- What grosses you out the most?
- Which song comes to your mind when you think of me?
- What would a sitcom about your life be called?
- What strange food combination do you enjoy eating?
- Do you get butterflies in your tummy whenever you see me?
- What do you usually think about whenever you are lying in bed, unable to sleep?
- Can you fake an accent? If yes, would you let me hear it?
- If there was only one cookie left, would you share it with me?
- Polyamorous Relationships: Love Beyond Stereotypes
- Should I Rush into a Relationship? How to Stop That Situation?
- Don’t Waste Time! 8 Signs When You Should Give up on a Long Distance Relationship
In this article, BestLifeTips has shown you some obvious signs, reasons as well as how not to be boring in a relationship. Let’s apply to saving your dull relationship soon. Don’t forget to share if you like them.