Table of Contents
If you belong to the Enneagram type 2, don’t miss this article of BestLifeTips. We would like to share with you all about this personality type as well as Enneagram type 2 celebrities.
What is Enneagram type 2?
People of Enneagram type 2 are defined by their desire to belong and to be loved by others. They are helpful, nurturing and caring towards others. Twos are empathetic, sincere, and warm-hearted. They are friendly, generous, and self-sacrificing, but can also be sentimental, flattering, and people-pleasing.
Twos typically have problems with possessiveness and with acknowledging their own needs. The best things about their personality are unselfishness, altruism, unconditional love for other people.
Basic desire: Be fully loved and accepted. They express this by noticing to the needs of those around them and helping other people in any way they can.
Basic fear: People who identify as a type 2 have a basic fear of being unwanted or unloved by those around them. They may believe that love is only gained and earned by serving others, consciously or subconsciously.
Basic motivation: The desire of being loved and appreciated motivates them to express love toward others in their words and actions.
Key personality traits of Enneagram type 2
- Warm and smile eyes
- Approachable and kind
- Vocal volunteer or activist
- Excellent team player
- Caring and gentle
- Nurturing and patient
Basic value of Enneagram type 2
- Their grounding principles are a strong sense of meaning, acknowledgement from loved ones, and emotional intimacy with others
- They readily use their time and energy to bring others up because of their altruism.
- Their decisions’ guiding values are kindness and reciprocity. To improve someone else’s life or mood is immeasurably better than helping themselves.
- For them, spending time with a loved one is one of the best feelings in the world.
Enneagram 2 strengths
- Support and encourage people around them
- Can recognize the needs of other people naturally
- Have a warm, loving, and positive attitude
- Persistence and dedication to the tasks at hand
- Drive to get to know other people
Enneagram 2 weaknesses
- They seeking and need approval from others
- Sometimes they are perceived as overbearing
- Have difficulty in recognizing and acknowledging their own needs
- Easily offended by criticism
Find out your Enneagram type here: The Enneagram Personality Test
Enneagram type 2 careers
Deciding which career is right for you is a life struggle that most people have to face. It is not always easy to figure out which career will make you feel the most fulfilled.
It can be useful to use the Enneagram as a means of understanding how someone can handle a career choice. Understanding certain aspects of our personality can actually help guide us on this path. It will give you better ideas of which careers you possess natural talents for, and which ones might be a struggle for you.
Type Two care about helping and being compassionate towards people around them. This definitely can affect their careers and help them to understand which careers might be more suitable for them.
Many strengths of this type are in their desire, ability and the need to help others. They may bring key skills and qualities at work such as:
- Positive attitude: Their positive and constructive attitude can help them working in pressure and solving problem.
- Team-oriented: They tend to drive communities together and get people working better as a team.
- Empathetic: People of type 2 can recognize the needs of other people naturally and want to get to know other people.
- Persistent: They are often persistent and dedicated to any tasks at hand.
- Encouraging: They are supportive and encouraging of others which making them well-liked.
Best careers for people of Enneagram type 2
Any career with meaningful face-to-face connections is likely suitable for type 2. Their career should be sociable and one that has a direct impact on others.
Type 2 people tend to thrive in roles where they bring joy to others. Such careers as nursing, doctor, personal trainer, social worker, religious leader or non-profit work.
People of this type can also become teachers. As a teacher, they can make a huge impact to the lives of their students and will have meaningful and trusting interactions.
Other jobs such as counselor, psychologist or therapist are suitable for Enneagram type 2 too. They provide help, lifesaving advice to those who really need it.
Worst careers for Enneagram type 2
Enneagram type 2 needs roles where they feel needed and worthy. They can become self-delude and are unable to acknowledge the emotional needs and boundaries. They should avoid careers where their helpfulness is taken for granted and they feel that their efforts are not valued. Such careers are ones in sales or stockbroking.
Also, careers where type 2 might feel ignored or be criticized in should be avoided. Career in competitive markets with peers who are cold and unwelcoming will also leave them feeing unfulfilled.
Enneagram type 2 growth suggestions
Here are some suggestions for the Enneagram type 2 growth:
- Practice self-love
Enneagram Twos give selflessly to others with the secret motivation of earning love, believing that this is what is required. And that’s not necessary. It’s essential for them to learn to love who they truly are. They can be loved by others without overextending themselves.
- Pay more attention to your own feelings
They often deny their own emotions and needs while prioritizing those of other people. Growth for this type is in acknowledging and accepting your own emotions.
- Practice mindfulness for personal growth
When you step outside of yourself and see your personality more objectively, you can better understand where you need to set boundaries and practice self-care.
- Share your authentic self with other people
They tend to alter their personalities to please other people. Be transparent and honest about how you think and feel. You will learn that people truly value the authentic side of you.
- Do not always be “doing” for people
You are gifted at accurately intuiting others’ feelings and needs, but that does not necessarily mean that they want those needs remedied by you in the way you have in mind. Someone deciding that they do not want your particular offer of help does not mean that they dislike you or are rejecting you. Besides, it’s not necessary to help people all the time to be liked or recognized by them.
Enneagram type 2 celebrities
There are a lot of famous people that belong to the Enneagram type 2. As a type 2, they tend to be generous, altruistic, and empathetic. They are hardworking and motivated people with a drive to connect with the world.
Dolly Parton – Singer
Steve Martin – Actor
Chris Hemsworth – Actor
Jessica Alba – Actress
Julia Roberts – Actress
Maya Angelou – Poet and Actress
Jennifer Aniston – Actress
Bill Gates – Entrepreneur
Viola Davis – Actress
Elvis Presley – Singer
Martin Luther King Jr. – Minister and Activist
Princess Diana – Princess of Wales
Angelina Joile – Actress
Albert Einstein – Theoretical Physicist
Mother Teresa – Nun and Missionary
This article of BestLifeTips is about Enneagram type 2 and Enneagram type 2 celebrities. Hope that you can get to know more about this personality type and discover which famous people belong to this type.