Table of Contents
What is app to make friends around the world?
An app to make friends around the world is a means for you to make friends around the world online. You don’t have to make friends with foreigners by meeting in person anymore. You can chat or video call with those whom you want to make friends with. Talk to people from every corner of our planet, find friends and explore the world in your own way.
Today, there are a lot of making friends apps. Such as Meetup, Ablo, Yubo, Bumble BFF, Hey! VINA and so on.
Advantages of making friends online
The Internet has made meeting new people who share your interests so much easier. There are many advantages that this means brings to you.
- You can be friends with people from different countries: The Internet has no boundaries. It allows you to meet people around the world and learn about their culture. There might be a language barrier, but nowadays many people speak English, so it will not be a big problem.
- It’s easier to start a conversation: If you’re a shy person, it’s probably easier for you to approach people in the online world. You can take your time before answering them and end a conversation when you’re not comfortable.
- It’s easier to open up your heart: Many people find it easier to share things with online friends because they feel more comfortable typing the words than saying them. Online friends often are less judgmental since they are used to meeting people of different ages, sexes, and races.
- It saves time: You don’t have to go anywhere to make friends. The only thing you need is your computer or smartphone and Internet connection. You can stay at home if you don’t feel like going out.
- It helps us find common interests: With social media, we make friends with people of different ages. By liking and following certain channels or forums, it’s easy for us to express our interests and connect with like-minded peers. These common interests can be the basis for friendships and can also facilitate offline engagement.
- Online friendships can boost confidence and self-esteem: Many people who have a lot to say but hesitate to speak up for fear of rejection or criticism, risks that are minimized in online venues. When we feel we are emotionally safe to express ourselves, it becomes a lot easier to crack a joke or engage in small talk in order to make friends. Having good friendships making us less vulnerable to the negative and potentially long-term repercussions of a friendless adolescence such as unemployment and poor mental health.
Disadvantages of making friends online
Besides the advantages that friend-making apps bring to us, there are some disadvantages that they might have.
- Lack of physical connection: One obvious drawback is how people miss out on connecting on a physical level. People usually start off by messaging each other in a public or private chat. With online friendships, the way we move and walk, the way we laugh, the way we look and any little quirk we have is missing from our conversations.
- We won’t meet all of them in real life: Maybe some of our online friends live close enough and we will arrange meetings with them, but we surely won’t be able to meet all of them. We can never hang out together, laugh at stupid jokes or hug them.
- There is nobody language and intonation: Communication without body language and intonation can lead to misunderstandings. We need to be careful about what we’re saying to prevent miscommunication.
- Internet addiction: One of the most prominent negative consequences is how easily an internet connection and turn into an internet addiction. We can have constant connections to people who live miles away from us through the Internet. That’s why we can easily be addicted to it.
- The inability to make friends in real life: Once someone becomes used to online friendships and the liberties they allow, they can become socially awkward and unable to make friends offline.
- You can be taken advantage of: Are you really sure that they are who they seem to be? You might really found yourself a great friend, or maybe you’re just being catfished. It is dangerous to provide your online friends with too much personal information too soon into your relationship.
Best apps to make friends around the world in 2021
The older we get, the harder it is to meet and connect with others. Today, there are more modern ways to meet new people. These apps can help us find compatible people with similar interests and hobbies.
Meetup is the perfect place to meet new friends, especially if you are looking for people who have the same specific interests as you.
Anyone can join and browse the different interest groups in their area and abroad. There is a great variety of groups meant to connect people with similar interests, hobbies, or even ages. You can even create your own group and host events.
Yubo is currently one of the top apps for making new friends. It has an impressive 20 million users and its target market is teenagers.
Yubo is a social networking app that lets you swipe to find new friends, chat with them in app, explore different interest groups, and even live video stream with your new acquaintances.
The female-centric Bumble dating app burst onto the scene in 2014. Since then, the founder has launched the buzzy BFF mode as a way for women to meet women simply wanting friends.
Bumble BFF is for people searching for platonic yet meaningful relationships with others. Bumble BFF aims to make it easy for anyone to build a supportive community around them no matter where they are.
Hey! Vina has been called “Tinder for (Girl) Friends.” It is specifically designed for women looking for other women who they can be friends with. According to its founders, its main goal is to empower women and strengthen both their individuality and camaraderie.
A private social networking app, Nextdoor is your window to everything happening in your neighborhood, be it block events, furniture swaps, or even car break-ins. Beyond being just a news source, though, the app encourages in-person meetings, leading to new friendships.
With Atleto, you can now look for a marathon or gym buddy, or a tennis or basketball opponent. This app is all about helping you find the right people to spend your sports time with.
The app functions like a mix between Tinder and Meetup. You can find people, groups, or communities that are associated with the specific sports or training you are interested in.
Peanut is highly recommended for moms who feel isolated and would like to connect with other moms who understand what they are going through. Through it, you can meet or chat with like-minded women.
Whether you’re looking for a workout buddy or a purely platonic pal to paint the town with, Friender just might be the way you meet your future partner in fun things.
Friender is a friend-only app that is not specifically designed for dating and starting romantic relationships. Its goal is to simply connect you with people that have similar interests.
Meet My Dog
If you are a dog-lover, then you will surely have a good time with this app. Meet My Dog is a location-based social app for you and your dog. It connects you with other dog owners in your area, and even other locations.
Ablo is the app that takes you around the world to create new friendships. You can chat and video call in your own language. Ablo translates your conversations live. Make friends by watching videos, share your world by creating your own.
It started in 2007 and is technically a friendship app, but also functions as a dating app. It matches members based on proximity and preferences. Skout allows you to chat, send photos, and exchange virtual gifts with new friends.
Nearify is perfect for those who are seeking fun entertainment and meeting people at the same time. It notifies you or lets you search for upcoming musical events, concerts, and festivals that are near your location. Aside from that, it also highlights indie shows, art exhibitions, movie openings, and theater plays.
Similar to Bumble BFF, Tinder Social takes the dating app to a less romantic and more platonic level. Tinder Social lets you chat with your friends, virtually meet in groups, plan activities and meet new people for friendship. There is a great selection of people to meet.
In short, there are many apps that can help you make new friends and build stronger connections. You can choose a suitable one for yourself base on your demand and interests.
BestLifeTips hope that these apps can help you find new friends this year, and build stronger, healthier, and happier relationships. Please Like & Share this article of app to make friends around the world if you like it.